It is the end of another year and as 2021 winds down, our thoughts turn to 2022.
There is no question that we are big fans of goal setting for both short-term and long-term goals.
At the end of each year, we get together for an entire weekend and focus on what we want to accomplish the following year. Despite 2021 being a crazy year, the process of goal setting for the following year is no different.
Matter of fact, I would argue that having a plan is what SAVED some people in 2021.
Our goal list is certainly not limited to ‘work’ related goals. Sure, that may be the majority of the list…and the primary purpose of the list, but personal goals are just as important.
After all, life is about balance.
Before we get to next year, how was THIS year?
The reason I ask is what goals you previously set can be just as important as the new goals. Sure, some goals were put on hold due to COVID, travel restrictions, family assistance…but, believe it or not, many people excelled in 2021.
Did you set goals for this past year?
Did you accomplish the things you had hoped for? If you didn’t, then what was in your way?
What was out of your control and what was IN your control?
There is a multitude of reasons we might not hit our goals…
…we might have set unrealistic goals, to begin with.
I believe we should shoot for attainable goals. Push ourselves, re-evaluate along the way, adapt, but make sure we get some wins…and progress.
First off, Note Investing Goals.
Did you purchase a couple of notes for yourself this year?
If not, did you flip a couple of deals and receive some referral income?
If you said ‘no’ to either one of those questions, then what got in the way?
I suspect you set a goal to make some money with notes but didn’t have a specific action plan on how to get there.
Don’t worry…that is a common problem – and one of our major areas of focus going into the New Year.
We only open the monthly membership a couple of times a year…so keep your eyes on your inbox for those dates.
Until then, let’s get your goal setting on track. Here are a couple of things to focus on.
New Year’s Goal Setting for Note Investors
- Set both long-term and short-term goals. – What do you want to accomplish in 2022? What do you want to achieve in the first quarter? What about the first month? Where do you want to be in 2030?
- Put yourself first. – Life happens. Stuff happens. You will, from time to time, get pulled away. What is your biggest priority in building your note business? Don’t let anything take you away from that.
- Do something every week. – Let’s just say there are 12 things to do to get your first note deal. If you did only ONE THING every week, in three months, you would have your first deal. Then you would repeat the process, but this time you would not need all 12, but maybe only 6 things. If you do something every week, you will always be getting close to your goal.
- Tell someone your goal. – Kind of like having a gym buddy that makes you show up, telling friends and family your goals makes them real. If you don’t write them down, they are no different than day-dreaming.
- Reach out for help. – NoteInvestor.com has hundreds of free articles. Finding Cash Flow Notes Training has dozens of training videos. The Note Membership even has Live Webinars where you can learn and ask questions. The point being, there is no shortage of information available to help you succeed. You just need to use it!
- Do something different. – If you set goals this year and they didn’t pan out, you need to do something different. Not necessarily different goals, but a different action plan. If it didn’t work this year, it probably wouldn’t work the next…so get some help and choose a different path!
When the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, it is a whole new year.
Whatever you want 2022 to look like, we will be here to help you achieve your goals every step of the way.
Editor’s Note: This article first appeared to 2018 and has been updated annually to ring in the New Year for 2022.